Thursday, July 29, 2010

Doing well

This is the second week of my self-imposed detox. I am eating mainly fruit, veggies, grains, legumes and greek yogurt until dinner. I then eat a light meal and drink some black tea. No this is definitely not calorie restriction because I love to eat. I have just realized that a vegetarian diet contains lots of protein and fiber if you plan ahead.

For instance, for breakfast I have steel cut oats with berries. After I exercise I have a fruit smoothie with frozen fruit, greek yogurt and water. For lunch I usually have some type of beans with brown rice, a veggie and water. For snack, raw veggies and hummus. Dinner is either a veggie or meat protein with a grain, veggie, and fruit. I drink tea at night to warn off the cravings. I usually put myself around 1,100 to 1,300 calories a day.

So far I have lost 3lbs and I feel lighter and healthier. I go to the doctor on Monday and I am hoping and praying that my bloodwork comes out fine. If you all have not been following - I am addicted to sugar and carbs. This is not a joke. That is why I needed to completely eliminate sugar from my diet and only eat the whole grains. Now I know that food normally has sugar but I am talking about the extra I would take in -- in the form of candy, juice, etc -- just because I was tired or bored.

Well getting ready to put the kiddies to bed --

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. WOW you are eating so clean! My diets been good since vacation too... with my small indulgences with the little guy here and there. ;)

    ReplyDelete