Thursday, April 29, 2010

Detox here I come

Yesterday I talked about starting detox. Well these are the reasons for this course of action. First, I believe that I am addicted to sugar. Yes, I know that there are natural sugars in food. However, I crave, simply CRAVE for refined sugar in things such as candy. Yep, I eat a bag every day. I usually have a breakdown at the end of the day if I try to avoid it. It is not a bag of chocolate but a bag of those sour cherry balls which are simply sugar balls coated red.

I also need to get some fruit and vegetables into my diet. If I am good, I will have one fruit smoothie a day which is a far cry from the 6 – 7 daily recommended amounts. I really need to get rid of my dependence on a carb laden diet and replace it with vegetables. Of course I know that my body will go into shock and will probably revolt. I am not going to replace all carbs but probably just switch them to the good ones. However, I cannot simply reduce the sugar / carbs while replacing them. I tried before and that method did not work. So I am going cold turkey.

The detox plan I will be going on is not a liquid one but it is basically a vegetarian diet for 9 days. I can have unlimited vegetables and fruit while limited items such as yogurt, eggs, brown rice and oatmeal. I know that I will not be lacking any nutrients because I will eat many variations of beans and vegetables. The only battle that I will have to fight is the one in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment