Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Is it ok to be fat?




sigh… where do I begin?

I will just sum it up this way. First, we as a society, need to get the focus off of the scale and dress size and instead focus on health…IMO

I am a researcher by profession and am trained to take my biases out of the picture. The only thing that I look for when making a conclusion is the numbers. So, Like Dr. Oz would say…let’s look at the numbers… your actual bloodwork. If all your numbers are within normal range AND an internal scan of your organs comes back and says that your organs are functioning normally, then go ahead and be obese. However, I doubt that will happen.

Of course, not everyone will be able to afford one of those internal MRI thingys. So I will say, just look a honest look yourself. Do you have constant aliments? Are you out of breath? Is it hard for you to function in normal activities? Are you always tired? I am currently overweight mostly from birthing two little ones but I know this is not the lifestyle I want them to see. I want to be able to enjoy life with them, not on the sidelines because I am unhealthy. I am currently on my journey back to being healthy. I think being and staying healthy is journey and we should stop focusing on temporary fixes.

No comments:

Post a Comment