Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mommy what is that?

This was the question my 3 year old asked me while he was looking in the stove. I told him it was fish (as I winced). He looked at me and then looked back at the fish and said..okay.

It was at that moment that I realized that the "fish sticks" from the box would no longer cut it. It is such hard task for me to find food for my 1 year old and 3 year old to eat. I tried giving everyone the same thing and forcing him to sit at the table, but that only made him mad. The now 1 year old resorts to spitting out the food and throwing it on the floor. Sigh...

Even though it maybe hard and may take some trial and error, we are all going to eat the same food. I just have to find some healthy child friendly recipes, even if they do look like finger food. I will not have my son thinking that those yellow logs in the stove is the way fish really looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment