Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blame it on the ....

I think I set myself up to fail. It is either that or I am scared of success. Yeah, I will take door number 2 please.

I bought this Body Bugg thingamajig on my birthday, two weeks ago. My husband saw his fellow co-worker at a conference the week before and he lost over 80lbs. He asked him how he did it and he said it was all because of the Body Bugg. Instead of estimating how many calories you are losing a day, it gives you an accurate count because you wear it on your arm 24/7. It is like an electronic armband.

The first week I had it, I just let it tell me how many calories I burned. One day I decided to also track my food but after looking at the results, I was too ashamed to even put the other days in. I now realize that I consume way too many calories than I burn. I think I was and am still in a little bit of denial about how much I must change my eating habits.

Yesterday I started out great. I had a spinach egg white omelet with flourless wheat berry bread. I joined it with applesauce and some water. At lunch time I had a wheat tortilla filled with tuna and spring mix salad. It was topped with a mixture of balsamic vinegar and lemon juice. Of course, I had water as well. For snack I had a serve headache, I wanted candy. But since I was too lazy to go out, I had a papaya and mango smoothie. It was simply delicious. Then it happened. I looked outside and saw that our snowpocalypse was back – for the third time. The hubby came home and declared we were doomed – again. So he suggested why not chicken fingers, since it was the official food of a winter storm. I looked at him crazy and then gave in. So we go bundled up and hauled the two toddlers to the car and braced the storm all for chicken fingers, Texas toast, French fries, and a milkshake. What is wrong with this picture? I will not even look at the calories for the sake that I may pass out and never recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment