Friday, March 27, 2009

What is my actual goal

My actual goal is to be IN my child's life. When I look at the pictures from my first son, I am nowhere to be found. Now that my second son is here, I want to be IN his life. I am tired of hiding from the pictures. I do not want to be the mom who can't keep up with her kids or is afraid to volunteer because of my size. I do not want to be the "fat" mom.

I want to start living my life and stop hiding under all this weight. I want to be healthy. It is time. My actual goal is to live my best life. It is to become the person that I was put on this earth to be; not the shadow that I am living.

The journey is going to be long and hard. It will be uncomfortable because I will have to confront some truths about myself. I am going to have to battle with the self-sabotage. This is more than just about food. It is allowing myself to forgive my mistakes, get rid of my past and let go of the unrealistic expectations that were put on me by myself, family and friends.

Ready or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment